Part-Time Accountant (32 hours)
part time accountant needed for 32 hours to support on reporting - GBP400 per day
Hybrid working to Newbury on an ad hoc basis
3 months (with a view to be extended)
GBP400 per day (umbrella)
Part time - 32 hours a week Monday to Friday (across 4 or 5 days). Please note the first 6 days of the month, is the busiest.
Each year our client spends c GBP1.2bn on mobile stock - This role is responsible for ensuring that all stock movements in and out of our post-sales warehouse is accounted for accurately and that the financial ledger represents the physical stock in our warehouse. This includes being the primary contact for internal business partners, providing expertise on accounting treatment, completing month end close, providing analysis and insight into the results and managing multiple systems to ensure the integrity and accuracy of our month end reporting.
Typical duties include:
- Preparation and posting of month-end journals.
- Analysis and commentary of monthly result to team lead and department head.
- Reconciliations of individual balance sheet accounts.
- Analysis and presentation of monthly performance and ongoing trends to the business.
- Understanding of commercial and forecast key drivers.
- Adhoc analysis as required.
- Month end Reporting
- Month end reporting, journal preparation and posting
- Month end commentary
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- New project implementation
- Work with internal customers (Commercial Finance) as a point of contact and subject matter expert for accounting requirements.
- Handle complex information requests.
- Encourage and drive a continuous process improvement culture to create further efficiencies within the team in order to meet challenging objectives.
- Recommend ideas and help implement improvements to processes cross functionally and/or within own role area.
Knowledge & Expertise
- Have a sound knowledge of procedures and issues within the team/area.
- Have an understanding of the key assumptions in the forecast and budgets.
- Evaluate and challenge business cases and proposals.
- Ensure compliance with the UK governance framework and work proactively with Revenue and Billing Assurance.
- Required to influence customers on a one-to-one basis.
- Expected to make a lead contribution in team meetings on specialist/technical material.
- Face to face presentation of results and explanation of performance with customers and Finance team.
- Take an active role in management meetings and advise on a wide range of finance and business issues.
- Ability to converse with all levels of the business.
- Work with the Compliance Team to agree SOX controls for impacted systems and processes.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements and promote a highly controlled and accurate working environment. Be able to identify and address any control weaknesses.
- Production of all balance sheets, identifying Risks and Opportunities, recommending courses of actions as appropriate.
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Understanding of IFRS
- Experience in dealing with multiple complex demands from various areas of the business and various levels of seniority
- Ability to challenge the status-quo in a mature and sophisticated manner
- Appreciation of End to End processes implication (rather than just a functional view)
Must have technical/professional qualifications
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
- Microsoft Excel (advanced level)