Finance Director part-time
Job Type: Interim, part-time, day rate
A part-time role working on an interim basis, 1 - 2 days a week from the Tewkesbury office with travel to the Wokingham office for meetings. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with and potentially join a fast growing national and international business operating in multiple high growth sectors.
ABEC is a Building and Energy Management System Specialist. Our Product / Service Lines are;
- New Build BMS & PMS Projects (Contracting)
- BMS & PMS Maintenance and Remote Services and Monitoring
- Special Projects in existing buildings (FM's and End Users)
- Energy Contracts and Projects
- Smart Buildings (Analytics & IoT)
The main offices are in Tewkesbury and Wokingham with most of the workforce being mobile or remote.
The ideal candidate for this role has substantial experience as a Financial Director in one or several GBP20 - 50M international businesses.
The business is on a fast growth plan with contracts being delivered in both the domestic and international marketplace. At present there is a mix of full time and part time staff forming the finance team which needs a senior lead to take responsibility for the function. At present it is felt a part time role would be sufficient, however there is the opportunity for this role to grow in time. There are currently no M&A plans but experience in this arena would be required should the opportunity arise.
- Contribute to the business strategy and be responsible for any financial initiatives
- Take full responsibility for the Finance Function including managing the finance team and all the processes within it
- Ensure all legal and regulatory requirements are met. Including GAAP
- Design and maintain financial policies, procedures, and controls
- Carry out Market / Product / Competitive Analysis and action plans
- Define and implement management reports and financial statements
- Develop budgets and provide financial plans with commentary
- Manage capital or funding requirements
- Maintain and control a positive Cash Flow and working capital position which supports fast growth
- Negotiate and manage outsourced functions such as IT, Insurance, fleet, legal, premises, recruitment etc.
- Develop and maintain banking relationships
- Prepare audit information and manage auditor relationship
- Plan and manage the opening and running of international offices and company setups including VAT equivalent, staffing and tax implications
- Develop M&A targets and carry out due diligence and assist in negotiations and execution
- Substantial experience as a Financial Director of a GBP20-50+M Business with international links
- Have been actively involved in defining and or managing Policies and Procedures
- Experienced in developing, coaching, and supporting Finance Staff
- Experience in Financial Audits
- Considerable strategy and planning experience
- Overseas experience
- Mergers and acquisitions
Other / Special Requirements for this position:
- Ability to travel internationally when required
- To be Chartered and be a member of ICAEW or ACCA
How to Apply
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more, please attach your CV to the link provided and the Hiring Company will be in direct contact.
No agencies please!