The main purpose of the role
We are recruiting for 2 Mechanical Technicians to join our Waste Treatment plant in Cambridgeshire. In this role you will provide technical support to the operational team, solving mechanical plant related issues and maintenance. In addition, you will play an active role in plant safety schemes such as Near Misses or Incident Investigations and provide support where required implementing any recommendations arising from such schemes.
- The working hours for this role are 9.45pm - 6.15am Monday to Friday
- Ensure compliance with appropriate Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in delivering the Maintenance Teams KPI's.
- Maintain record keeping for all equipment.
- Develop and implement engineering procedures, instructions, method statements and guidance documents
- To assist with scheduled and unscheduled outage activities as required, to ensure all aspects of Mechanical work are completed to program, in a safe and efficient manner
- Complete accurate maintenance reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Assist in identifying the failure modes for all mechanical plant
What are we looking for?
- Recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship Scheme (desirable)
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (desirable)
- Organisational and planning skills
- Be able to absorb information on scope, collate information, and make judgment on the condition of existing equipment and installations
- Interpersonal skills/develop and maintain good working relationships
- Computer literacy - Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook - desirable
- Excellent Planning and Organisational skills, able to effectively prioritise and multi-task
- Team Building Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Motivational Skills
- Planning Skills
- Ability to communicate with team and management
- High level of problem solving skills
Engineering experience associated with:
- Generic mechanical system design
- High pressure systems
- Mechanical applications for process industry
- Engineering design for Hazardous areas
- Preparation of work scope packages for installation and commissioning
- Various valves and pump types
About the company
The waste treatment division is separating out from Amey and creating a new Stand-alone business entity in the UK. You will be joining us at such an exciting time and help shape the future of the new business. Within Waste Treatment, we use state-of-the-art technology to make the most of rubbish and reduce the amount being sent to landfill. From recycling materials; composting; and mechanical biological treatment to Energy from Waste (EfW) facilities creating better environments. Our three treatment facilities in Milton Keynes, North Yorkshire and the Isle of Wight will between them, create enough energy to power the equivalent of 60,000 homes when they are all fully operational. Both Milton Keynes and North Yorkshire bring together three different technologies on one site - mechanical treatment, anaerobic digestion and EfW. This allows us to extract any organic and recyclable materials (such as plastic and metals) which have been placed in with general, non-recyclable waste before using the rest to create energy. In Cambridgeshire we offer a range of treatment capabilities from our 400-acre Waterbeach Waste Management Park, providing services as part of partnerships with local authorities and directly for businesses and residents.