Trading Performance Manager - Value Retention
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Trading Performance & Insight team. This role will require somone with the ability to collaborate with Planning Teams, Routes to Market, Commercial Product owners, Customer Service Group ("CSG") and finance to ensure the Sky leadership team makes informed and timely decisions.
What you'll do:
- Trading Expertise - become the expert in Trading Performance for TV Value Retention, developing a deep understanding of how and why customers decide to leave Sky or remove products. Working collaboratively with the Consumer & CSG teams to ensure that all available levers are utilised to optimise customer & P&L performance in-quarter.
- Trading insight & idea generation - using large and complex data, clearly communicate findings in a simple and timely manner answering, "what is happening, why & what should we do." Developing ideas to improve Performance across all KPIs.
- Forecasting -use your expertise and trading insight to deliver accurate forecasts using the latest tools and automation to speed up and improve the accuracy of our forecasting. Including root-cause diagnosis of any over or under performance.
- Provide mitigation or go-faster recommendations - use your knowledge to make recommendations across various senior stakeholders, finance and the routes to market to improve performance ensuring the business continues to grow, generating revenue, customer and profit growth.
- Trading governance -create an effective trading performance management structure , including necessary trading meetings and insight packs, working collaboratively with the Routes to Market, Planning Teams, Customer Service Group and Finance, to capture customer and market feedback, and ensure that the implications of week to week performance movements are incorporated into the forecast and remedial actions triggered
What you'll do:
- Highly numerate and analytical combined with excellent communication skills to present findings in written, PowerPoint, spreadsheet and verbal format to senior stakeholders.
- Experienced in fast paced work environments with large & complex data, delivering quick decision making that is commercial. Sectors might include but are not limited to, telecoms, Media, Pharmaceuticals, FMCG,
- Self-starter able to identify trends, issues and challenges - a real get up and go attitude to tackle issues head on and finding every opportunity to improve performance within the limitations and challenges faced.
- Tireless and results driven mentality, able to continually critique and optimise performance with a Positive mind-set
- Strong excel skills and experience of financial modelling
- Ability to swiftly obtain a clear understanding of business issues using data
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.