Senior Data Visualisation Manager
This role can be based in Osterley or Livingston
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Enablement and Consultancy team are on a mission to embed a data-literate culture across Sky, driving data democratisation, and establishing Tableau as the enterprise visualisation tool of choice. We're creating our first, holistic, in house education programme which will supercharge visualisation across the business.
What you'll do:
* Design, develop, maintain, and deliver a set of standard and bespoke training and education offerings which span the needs of the diverse users across our business
* Be creative, combining classroom learning experiences with virtual learning, skills badges, gamification, hackathons, assignments, buddy programmes and coaching
* Focus on embedding as well as delivering, with follow up tools and support, performing a key role in contributing to our Tableau Centre of Excellence community
* Provide training modules that will include customised content tailored to the trainee's business unit needs, developed in collaboration with our business-based Tableau Champions
* When you're not busy enabling our colleagues to do their best work, you will work to develop properly documented reports and dashboards for them, partnering with our new in-house consultancy service
What you'll bring:
* Subject Matter Expert in, and advocate for, Tableau and Data Storytelling
* Creative thinking, this is the first time we've developed an in-house programme of this kind
* Proven experience in development of reports and dashboards
* Proven experience of delivering training in house or externally, as a facilitator, trainer or consultant
* Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and with little direction as well as being comfortable working in high demand environments delivering to targets & tight deadlines
* Excellent communication, presenting (virtually and in person) & listening skills
Data, Tech & Analytics:
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make Sky more relevant. We are working with the rest of Sky to create innovative data products that are going to change Sky and bring value to our customers.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston North train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.