Automation Tester- Relaunch@Capgemini Programme
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Returner Programmes
An overview of the role
Capgemini’s Relaunch Programme is aimed at supporting talented professionals back into the business by providing a tailored 6-month programme to help refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but will have some relevant previous experience and a wiliness to learn and further develop your skills in this area. If you have had a career break of 1 ½ years or beyond, for whatever reason, we would love to hear from you!
In Business Technology Solutions (BTS) we specialise in navigating our clients through the complexities of large-scale, technology-driven transformation programmes, using our skills to drive outstanding delivery. Having the right people using the right methodology and following the right process gives every client the right result.
The Transformational Testing Services Team (TTS) are one of five delivery teams that sit within Business & Technology Solutions. TTS was established in January 2016; a new Delivery Unit within Business Technology Solutions focusing on helping our client’s achieve business value through testing transformation. The TTS function is responsible for all aspects of testing services focusing on developing our capability and introducing transformation to our existing accounts. At Capgemini, we see various levels of maturity within our client’s IT Software Development Lifecycle. Some are just starting off on their testing transformation journey, whilst some of the more mature organisations are moving to a much more optimised, 'Dev-Ops' operation. Our aim with TTS is to help our customers evolve and innovate their testing landscape regardless of their maturity.
• Our Vision - For TTS to be the differentiator for Apps UK by becoming a leading player within the Testing Services market
• Our Mission - To create and deliver transformational testing solutions that fit our clients’ needs and drive increased efficiencies and reduced cost
• Our Strategy - To transform our existing engagements into more meaningful and commercially defensible relationships
Why this role?
• Produce Test Approaches modelled around using Test automation as the base
• Produce Integration Automation Test scripts, data and scenarios in accordance with the documented approach.
• Embed, Run and maintain the automated tests prescribed within the Automation Test Framework
• Analyse (and document if needed) defects discovered during test runs
• Work with the Technical Lead and other resources across the development and environments teams to rectify and retest issues encountered during testing.
• Report progress to the Test Manager
We are looking for individuals who exhibit the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver value to our clients:
• Validating application quality through measures including functional, performance, vulnerabilities, defects and static analysis results
• Conducting Functional & Non-Functional testing using appropriate tool set.
• Testing Middleware and API’s using tools
• Using testing test management & Defect Management tools
• Working in a DevOps delivery environment and teams with exposure to Continuous integration delivery tools/environment
• Introducing or using test automation in everyday facets of test lifecycle.
Achieved/willingness to learn the following methodologies:
• Agile Scrum/BDD methodologies
Achieved/willingness to learn the following tools languages and scripts
• RestAssured, Postman, SoapUI, OR similar
• Gherkin, cucumber
• Jmeter, Blazemeter, Eggplant , HP Load Runner, Grinder
• Java Script or VB Script
• C, C#, Java, Python
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.