Sales consultant (home based) - Part Time
- Contract Type
Want to work with an award-winning and quickly expanding company? We’re a travel site making it a doddle to book camping and caravan sites all over the world.
Pitchup.com receives 30m annual visits and over the last year has booked over 5m bed nights, with revenues up 121% on 2020 and 93% on 2019. The site has been featured in leading global media titles, has been translated into 16 languages, and you will join a nimble team of 70 based in 10 countries, currently all working from home, as we are a remote-first business.
A member of the Financial Times' FT1000 fastest growing companies in Europe, Pitchup.com receives up to 300,000 visits and 6,500 bookings per day. The company is profitable and was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com staff with a background in the holiday park sector.
We now have vacancies for exceptional sales professionals to join our friendly, multinational team. As a member of our sales team, you'll work alongside our account coordinators to help our site owners set up their bookable listings, maintain their pricing and availability, and deal with any day-to-day queries.
The main activity of the role will be to make sales calls from home to sign up campsites and holiday parks to taking bookings via our website. You will also help clients complete the registration process.
- Developing and maintaining a strong network of contacts and to support relationships with key supplier decision makers
- Discovering and following up for new accommodation
- Promoting product internally and providing recommendations on product as and when required
- Monitoring and analysing results, and ensuring client inventory is adequate and their allocation levels meet company requirements
Candidates will join a nimble team at a young company with extraordinary growth potential.
We are looking for candidates able to dedicate at least 15 hours per week. Hours for the role can vary from week to week and can be flexible to work around you and your family. Later, a permanent role may be offered to the right candidate. Some travel may be involved, but this is optional.
Candidates should be self-starters, extremely flexible as far as tasks are concerned, and able to prioritise based on company needs while meeting tight deadlines. The successful candidate will fulfil the following additional criteria:
- Demonstrated B2B business development experience including cold calling
- Organised and methodical approach
- A willingness to be a ‘jack-of-all-trades’ for the sake of being part of a forward-thinking start-up
- At least two years' experience in a related field
- Own a computer
- Internet savvy
- Ability to troubleshoot independently
- A desire to take a big part in the establishment of Pitchup.com as a modern, creative brand
- General administrative skills, as well as experience within a customer-facing sector
- Excellent communication skills and phone manner
- Switched on
- You will be paid a £11-13 hourly rate + a commission per campsite and uncapped 'superbonus'.