We are recruiting for a Bid/Proposals Writer to join our team at Willmott Dixon. Your base will be predominantly home working with occasional days in our Farnborough office to work with the team. You will be a main contributor to the company strategic plan to secure and maintain a robust pipeline of project work.
Willmott Dixon's reputation is linked to the quality of our bids and is often the first impression our customer's see so creating quality written content in bids for our customers is paramount to us winning work. You will also have input into providing effective customer presentations and will be encouraged to provide new ideas and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have experience in proposals/Pre-Qualification Questionnaires/tenders and case studies. Bid writing experience would be preferred but transferable skills will also be considered. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, have a good team working ethic with excellent writing skills and a strong eye for detail.
The Proposals Writer objectives include:
- Enhance the quality of bids with clear, accessible written and visual content
- Writing bespoke answers to customer questions
- To communicate effectively and influence
- Review and critique specialist authors' responses
- Ensuring the writing structure and words used in the proposal persuasively conveys the offer to the customer
- Manage a varied workload with multiple deadlines
- Understand and include customer-focused sales messages and share with bid authors.
In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos!
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Experience of facilitating answer plan sessions, win theme workshops and managing the review process
- Experience of writing and editing bid submissions into compelling and persuasive responses
- Excellent resource planning skills
- Full membership of relevant professional body (e.g APMP)
- Experience of using Microsoft Office
- Use of Adobe Indesign and Photoshop
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification,
- Foundation in Proposal Management (APMP)
- Membership of secondary technical professional body (e.g CIM)
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support part-time and agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
What is the benefit of joining Willmott Dixon?
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. We are an Investor in People Gold Award holder.
You will have a clear plan around your development. Above everything else you will be joining a values-based business; our values are at the epicentre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent coupled with the right culture and values ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
We have very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.
We are proud to be part of the Willmott Dixon family; a privately-owned contracting and interior fit out group in the UK. With a rich history, amazing track record and strong values, this partnership makes us a stronger and more progressive organisation, allowing us to share knowledge and take on bigger and better projects.