- Understand the LTC Programme Risk Management Plan, its dependencies with National Highways Risk Management Policy and work to execute it in accordance with industry and sector best practice
- Draw in industry expertise and knowledge from the parent companies and HE
- Support change management initiatives to mitigate risks and enhance opportunities
- Generate and maintain relevant risk information/registers, facilitating the identification of risks
- Working with key stakeholders to assess the impact of identified risks developing appropriate mitigating plans and strategies, actions, tracking and management of these.
- Support the flow, where necessary, of Risks into Early Warning Notices
- Be an integral part of the integrated project controls team
- Support the production of monthly risk reporting through the provision of intelligent information, analysis provision of suitable metrics/KPI's.
- Produce analysis of trends, generate performance indicators, and provide feedback on areas of risk and opportunities.
- Evaluating data to support cost and programme contingencies and support the estimating process.
- Help identify strategic and programme risks for the Lower Thames Crossing and HE boards
- To hold health, safety and welfare (HSW) as a key project value and to participate in the creation, development and implementation of HSW strategies by the project leadership team
- The Lower Thames Crossing programme is committed to promoting an inclusive working environment for all staff and expects its team leaders to make best use of their skill to create an inclusive culture free from discrimination or harassment
- Experience in risk management at a senior level
- Recognised professional qualification in risk management (e.g. Diploma or MSc in Risk management) is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of applying best practice methods, tools and processes in enterprise-wide risk management is essential, particularly in an infrastructure environment
- Excellent understanding of risk quantification tools and techniques
- Understanding of the risk management environment in a complex asset management and/or customer service business
- Understanding of change management and the development of best practice processes
- Substantial expertise in deconstructing stakeholder problems into granular and detailed statements of risk
- Proven experience of working successfully at senior levels with a variety of stakeholders
- Significant experience of supporting project boards to identify, evaluate and quantify risk
- Strong commercial awareness, gained in a range of organisations
- Ability to ask insightful questions and to apply analytical thinking to identify options and to draw meaningful conclusions
- Proven personal resilience needed to work in a dynamic and evolving team of disparate disciplines within a fast-paced, large and complex programme
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex issues or analysis in simple terms
- Demonstrable experience of working in a major infrastructure project in a similar industry &/or to working in a matrix and dispersed team
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel