Social Value Advisor
Social Value Advisor
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business for an ambitious and talented Social Value Advisor to sit across the Infrastructure business and the Highways Sector.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated professionals working together in this innovative business.
Social Value is the extraction of additional value to society from a procurement exercise. Broadly this value must demonstrate a measurable social, economic and/or environmental benefit to communities. We are investing in this role because:
- Social Value calculations are being adopted more widely by procurers in their decision-making process
- Social Value is becoming a ‘hard’ subject which will link directly to commercial performance on projects.
- Social Value as an outcome is intrinsic to performance in innovation and efficiency, two other increasingly critical competencies required to increase productivity in the industry
- To increase the ability to respond more coherently and shape more effective service offerings in the area of Social Value
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As the Social Value Advisor you will:
- Identify and understand the Social Value triggers in a contract and develop a best-practice approach as result
- Support the Project Team to implement Morgan Sindall Social Value Strategy
- Work with the Project Team and customer to establish social value metrics and the Social Value Charter for the project
- Develop a value for money approach from effective community engagement practice
The right applicant will be able to demonstrate commercial awareness and knowledge regarding forms of contract and their impact on Social value outcomes. The SVA will demonstrate experience of managing Social Value projects and demonstrate experience of working within a work winning/bid room environment
Previous experience within a similar background is essential.
If you would like to be considered for this great opportunity do not delay in applying as closing dates can be subject to change and applications are reviewed daily throughout the life-cycle of the recruitment process.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.