Charge Nurse (Unit Lead)
Charge Nurse (Unit Lead)
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and compassionate Charge Nurse / Unit Lead to join a dynamic, friendly and highly professional team.
You will be working for Scotland’s only purpose built Neurological care centre, they are passionate about how their expert care helps people live the best life they possibly can.
Position: Charge Nurse (Unit Lead)
Salary: £37,179 - £42,230 + 45% enhancement working weekends
Contract: Permanent, 3 shifts per week - 7am to 7:15pm
About the role:
As Charge Nurse you will have the opportunity to progress in this specialist field, developing your career, whilst knowing you are really making a difference where it matters.
Reporting to the Head of Care, you will lead the nurses and Care assistants, ensuring the highest standards of care is implemented for service users. You will contribute to the ongoing development of nursing care and to the smooth running of the service. The post holder will act as a source of support and advice to colleagues and relatives and be a role model for the service.
As Charge Nurse / Unit Lead your duties will include:
- Ensuring clinical care is provided in line with multi professional, evidence based care plans
- Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to
- Consulting and liaising with the multi-disciplinary team, service users and family/carers
- Assessing potential service users in liaison with Health and / or Social Services commissioners
- Liaising and communicate with other health and social care professionals, internal and external
- Prioritising health problems and intervening appropriately to assist the service user in complex, urgent or emergency situations
- Organising the admission and discharge of service users and deal with queries.
- Producing accurate, contemporaneous and complete records of service user consultation
- Assessing the impact of policy implementation on care delivery
You will be a passionate registered nurse with experience of working at a senior/team leader level, preferably within neurological care (although this specific experience is not essential). Whilst being able to demonstrate experience of practicing in a self-directed and highly motivated manner, you will be committed to promoting excellent care and service-user involvement in their care.
Having excellent verbal and written communication skills, you will be able to show a history of clinical leadership whilst developing and leading practice development. Within the aforementioned communication skills, you will be a good negotiator who is comfortable dealing with sensitive and sometimes difficult situations.
Above all else, you will be a caring individual who can lead from the front in delivering an excellent service to clients.
About the organisation:
At Dee View Court, they provide the support people need to optimise their health and wellbeing, maximise their independence and support their emotional and social needs. They are here for people with conditions that get worse over time – such as Huntington’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease – as well as those with conditions resulting from a brain or spinal injury or stroke. The expert team includes Nurses, registered mental health nurses, care assistants, physiotherapists and occupational therapists who are specialists in supporting the physical, communicative, cognitive, behavioural and psychological needs of people with neurological conditions. The focus is on giving every person the help they need to live their life in the way they choose.
** THE ORGANISATION WILL HONOUR NHS SERVICE WHEN CALCULATING ANNUAL LEAVE UP TO 30 DAYS + B/H AND CONTINUATION OF NHS PENSION when coming direct from NHS.
- Enhancements for nights (30%), weekends (45%) and bank holidays (60%)
- 25 days’ holiday (rising to 30 with service) plus Bank Holidays
- Buy and sell up to 5 days holiday
- Private pension scheme matched at 5%
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Referral scheme of up to £500
- Carer’s leave policy
- 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
- PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services
- Staff discounts of 15% at the Sue Ryder online shop
- Staff loans and company car loans
- Free parking and subsidised meals
- Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
- Development opportunities for all through our structured development framework
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Registered Nurse, RGN, Service Manager, Nurse, Nurse Manager, Staff Nurse, Clinical Services Manager, Deputy Manager RGN, Charge Nurse, etc.