Senior Developer C++
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented and growing software development team that delivers new features and Apps for Sky Glass and Sky Q customers."
We need to expand the team to develop new features for the Sky Glass and Sky Q devices. This could include working on browsers and Application runtimes, REST API services covering the internal software stack and external services, Voice Search, Application lifecycle management, Audio/Video pipeline enhancements, Bluetooth devices and a variety of analytics and telemetry engines.
What you'll do:
- Working with an experienced and talented team of Engineers.
- Enhancing browser support for Apps such as Disney+, iPlayer and Spotify.
- Working directly with partners such as YouTube and Netflix to integrate SDKs.
- Developing and integrating RDK Components.
- Working with the Analytics team to extend performance and quality metrics.
What you'll bring:
* Strong C / C++ (preferably C++ 11)
* Experience of Linux on an embedded platform / CE device
* A preference for software development in an Agile environment using TDD
* Work experience relating to a STB/DTV product (DVB/MPEG-2)
* Understanding of the network stack (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP 1.1), REST API, JSON and GNU toolchain (particularly make files and cross-tools)
* Knowledge of Qt
* Web Browser development (e.g. Webkit, QtWebEngine, Blink, Chrome V8)
* Audio/Video streaming fundamentals (e.g. MPEG4 / HLS / MPEG-Dash)
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.