We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Planner to work with our Waste Treatment team in Milton Keynes. As a maintenance planner you will work closely with the maintenance manager, maintenance team and the Stores Manager and be responsible for planning maintenance services for our Waste Treatment technology. You will lead in the effective delivery of the planned and unplanned maintenance activities at site and will be responsible for asset and spares management.
Key elements of the role include:
- Provide technically sound design solutions including all associated reporting and cost estimating.
- Provide input into all health and safety aspects where appropriate.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to Maintenance Team members within the sphere of their core technical competence.
- Compile, communicate and present regular project portfolio financial update reports both internally and externally.
- Comply with procurement processes and actively review and manage supply chain performance in association with procurement colleagues
- Undertake technical reviews, Design Changes and Route Cause Analysis of failures
- Implement and comply with the company policies and procedures including those for health and safety, management of change and procurement
- Manage and prioritise workload for the Maintenance Team
- Work as part of a team and work in an autonomous and professional manner
- Work with service provider/contractors to define required work schedules and duties
- Implement routine planned and unplanned maintenance tasks in line with the maintenance programme and individual skillset
What are we looking for
- Minimum Level 3 or above in Mechanical Engineering (City and Guilds - Apprentice trained or equivalent
- Advanced Excel user
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English
- Advanced Excel user
- Clear and analytical thinking - able to diagnose issues and link to business performance and assign priorities to resources
- Action oriented, agile and decisive
- Builds and maintains professional expertise through networks, learning activities and research
The waste treatment division is separating out from Amey and creating a new Stand-alone business entity in the UK. You will be joining us at such an exciting time and help shape the future of the new business. Within waste treatment, we use state-of-the-art technology to make the most of rubbish and reduce the amount being sent to landfill. From recycling materials; composting; and mechanical biological treatment to energy from waste (EfW) facilities creating better environments. Our three treatment facilities in Milton Keynes, North Yorkshire and the Isle of Wight will between them, create enough energy to power the equivalent of 60,000 homes when they are all fully operational. Both Milton Keynes and North Yorkshire bring together three different technologies on one site - mechanical treatment, anaerobic digestion and EfW. This allows us to extract any organic and recyclable materials (such as plastic and metals) which have been placed in with general, non-recyclable waste before using the rest to create energy. In Cambridgeshire we offer a range of treatment capabilities from our 400-acre Waterbeach Waste Management Park, providing services as part of partnerships with local authorities and directly for businesses and residents.