Social Value Manager
Our Community team are the vital link between our projects and the wider community; we are looking for a Social Value Manager to join us for 12 month contract covering maternity leave. This role will mainly support our social value activity in the West Midlands, Leicestershire, and Derbyshire.
At Willmott Dixon we understand during construction, communities are our neighbours. Afterwards, they are often the end users of the buildings we construct. Our work remains part of the fabric of where they live, long after we have left the site. It is important that we engage with local people, but our ambitions go beyond that.
As Social Value Manager, you will play a lead role in organising and delivering community projects and supporting the delivery of careers and skills programmes. You will also play a key role in supporting work experience placements to ensure they get the most from their time spent with us.
This position would suit someone full of energy, exceptionally organised and has a keen eye for detail. We're looking for someone that has the confidence to build networks and deliver training programmes to a group of people both face to face and virtually.
As Social Value Manager you will:
- Reinforces delivery of a customer first approach to Social Value planning and delivery across all projects
- Ensures achievement of project and Group Social Value targets
- Ensures internal and external compliance across all projects
- Proactively disseminates Social Value expertise and provides leadership, guidance, and training to key people
- Cultivates a culture with all our people so that they understand the role they need to play in leaving a legacy and harnessing their ideas into deliverables
- Identifies networking opportunities and plays an active role in attending and presenting at an industry level to ensure we are seen to be market leaders
- Line management and leadership of the Social Value team
- Manages the allocation of Social Value resources.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
The ideal candidate:
- Will have experience in education, volunteering or social value
- Be a confident communicator and be able to engage with groups of people
- Excellent co-ordination skills
- Strategic thinker
Sound like you? If so, come and join our team, and become a great ambassador of our business.
We reward our people generously with a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a hugely beneficial impact on the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2021 as well as our platinum award for 'Investors in People'.
Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.