Service Operations Manager
Service Operations Manager Role context & purpose:
Working in collaboration with the EU Hub Leadership team, Head of IT Delivery, IT Governance and IT Architecture this role will lead the regional Service Operations team. This role will focus on operational certainty, alignment with global IT and User experience.
The role will have the following focus areas:
- The operational running of IT for EU Hub - Maintains operational efficiency and best practise throughout the IT environment. End of Life systems are managed proactively. DR and contingency measures in place for all critical / essential services. Service Desk is front facing and Change is managed proactively with issues dealt with effectively.
- Project site Delivery & support - Provides a robust and innovative approach to creating and maintaining LOR project sites. Using Sophisticated simplicity as a benchmark to operate, making sure our delivery and support is effective and cost efficient.
- Technology Experience - Everything we create, build and change within IT has an impact, this role needs to ensure that impact always considers the end user and where possible ensures that is a positive experience through the way we design the product and how we deliver the outcome.
These areas will need leadership, best practise, and continual improvement to ensure IT is seen as a key foundation and enabler to the LOR business.
- Oversee project delivery of all IT Project site delivery
- To drive change though the IT Operations team to deliver exceptional IT services to the business
- To lead the alignment of Operations with UAE & Global IT
- Deliver high quality, predictable and pro-active service delivery across the business.
- Responsible for maintaining the Opex budget and contributing to the overall IT budget.
- Build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Building both internal and external team capability to move away from reactive IT support to provide proactive value add services.
- Review procurement approaches relevant to area for IT spend to ensure they are fit for purpose and fully support the IT Strategy.
- Building a customer service culture within IT to enable enhanced customer satisfaction levels.
- Provide effective leadership to the IT team.
- Oversee the negotiation of relevant third-party contracts to minimise commercial risk and to ensure all delivery requirements are met.
- Create a diverse & inclusive high performing team from recruitment through to coaching and mentoring colleagues to realise their potential.
- Sustain compliance with company (& IT) policies, processes, standards, design & architecture policies/governance, regulatory governance compliance & appropriate quality strategies
- Sustain awareness of the art of the possible through innovation and technology that will transform ways of working by continually developing self-knowledge and insight of the external Technology sectors, whilst promoting Laing O'Rourke IT at external events.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience in a Head of operations / IT leadership position
- Experience working with and knowledge of modern data architectures, infrastructure and tools and a product environment
- Understanding of best practice listed governance and approach
- Experience of leading IT teams
- People management (direct and influence) experience
- Experience introducing and building organizational processes
- Ability to think differently and come up with innovative solutions to unique problems.
- Engaging communicator to all levels of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience managing to very tight timelines.
- Curious and interested in technology and how technology can be at the heart of an organizational operating model
- You must be a team player with strong technical skills, an inquisitive and challenging approach, exceptional analytical ability and a willingness to take ownership.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to challenge in a diplomatic style with the credibility to work at both technical and business level
- You will thrive in a fast-moving driven environment where you can deliver at pace producing top quality results
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.