Project Supply Chain Manager
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
As project supply chain manager you will develop and maintain strategic initiatives pertaining to Morgan Sindall supply chain in line with the Company’s supply chain vision; supporting the bid teams at work-winning and project teams at contract, in terms of the development and implementation of strategies required to achieve the optimum results.
As a Project Supply Chain Manager, you will:
- Implement, develop and maintain robust supply chain relationships that support Morgan Sindall in both work-winning and current project delivery.
- Develop and implement specific project supply chain strategies that both align themselves to the Morgan Sindall supply chain vision and deliver best value to projects.
- Support bid teams at work-winning in delivering the agreed strategy, fully assessing supply chain risk and opportunity, reporting on market responses, advising on scope reductions and fixed price allowances.
- Support project commercial teams in the development of the optimum supply chain required to successfully deliver the project, providing a ‘watching brief’ on procurement spend and the reporting of such spend.
Skills and Experience required:
- Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Chartered Institute of purchasing and supply (preferred) but not essential.
- Professional communications skills, with the ability to liaise confidently with internal and external customers, fellow colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse, record and interpret numbers and submit recommendations based on evaluations made.
- A highly developed market knowledge on major Infrastructure and building packages of work, and the main subcontractors in each market.
- A sound knowledge of subcontract procurement coupled with an understanding of subcontract forms, their interpretation and ability to negotiate individual terms on behalf of Morgan Sindall.
- The ability to identify areas of commercial risk and opportunity, to develop strategies to mitigate such risk and maximise opportunity.
About our Nuclear team:
Our nuclear capabilities include services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever expanding nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.