Core Transformation Manager (Highways England Secondment)
Highways England are inviting a secondment from the partners of the Motorway Alliance for the position of Core Transformation Manager.
The ambition for the Alliance is to transform how Smart Motorways are delivered and to prepare for the digital roads of the future. Reporting into the Transformation Lead, the Core Transformation Manager will be accountable for leading the implementation of Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives in the Alliance.
The scope of Core Transformation Manager is broad, cross functional and throughout all levels of the alliance with accountability for understanding the current status and identifying the areas where fundamental changes to our way of working would significantly improve performance. This will be achieved through seeking to identify solutions by scouting for novel ideas, insights and innovation from across the partner organisations, in and out of sector organisations and academia. Collaboration will be a key to success. A key focus will be to define priority opportunities that have a high level of organisational impact within manageable levels of investment to generate an optimal return.
You will consider how the Alliance should prepare for the future and will be responsible for leading the design and reinventing the target operating model and by doing this contribute significantly to the transformation roadmap that when implemented will enable the alliance to realise the following 6 alliance outcomes and by doing so achieve success for all of the alliance members.
•Home Safe & Well: Everyone arrives home safe, well and feeling positive
• Inspiring Workplaces: Our people feel inspired to maximise their own and each other’s potential
• Resilient Frontier Businesses: Consistent and high-quality delivery generates healthy rewards and resilience for all
• Confident Customers: We enhance the lives of our customers and look after our neighbours
• Enriched Communities: Our approach enriches people’s lives and prospects
• Enhancing our local environments: Local ecosystems and habitats are improved as a result of our projects
By supporting the implementation of the new ways of working by collaborating with stakeholders to design, develop, implement and manage change deliverables that will enable impacted users to successfully transition from their current state to a future state. You will use influence and innovation to maximize change adoption and ensure a positive end-user experience for changes impacting people, process, and technology. In addition to looking outside of the alliance, you’ll also help people within the alliance to generate ideas by setting up idea generation platforms and hackathons.
This is a unique opportunity to join a ground-breaking team that will lead in developing new ways of delivering motorway construction projects across the strategic road network.
• Embrace the importance of health and safety in all circumstances and lead by example
• Instil and Establish a Collaborative method of working with the other workstreams
• Be committed to overcoming challenges and influencing others to land change safely
• Be accountable for the collection and integrity of internal and external customer insight and, through analysis, inform the future development of our systems
• Bridge any gap between the departments and maintain strong communications across the alliance
• Help colleagues understand the reasons behind any restructure or change
• Conduct change impact assessments and assess change readiness
• Stakeholder analyses and management
• Build support and engagement from different parts of the organisation
• Prepare the alliance for new operations including new roles and responsibilities, new processes, communication, and training
• Promote open innovation; and introduce group tools and processes that encourage creative thinking
• Identify any risks regarding changes and develop a strategy to overcome or address these
• Lead, impact and influence others, generating a high-performance working environment that delivers results, and encourages self-development
• Analyse performance and financial data
• Analyse trends and search for new opportunities, which in some cases will need to be developed within the alliance before deployment
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following: • Experience of leading business change on a large scale
• Project management experience
• Client facing experience
• Demonstrable experience of Lean as well as strong leadership and motivation skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Quantitative analysis skills
• Business Case development
• Excellent communication and coaching skills are vital and your will have the requisite interpersonal and negotiating skills to resolve conflicting objectives and to work with and influence senior management.
• An excellent problem solver, able to offer the right balance of creativity and pragmatism, with the confidence and resilience to challenge assumptions and instigate positive change to achieve business goals
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, environment, and have a good understanding of organisational dynamics, business processes, policies, tools and methodologies relevant to operational change, as well as being able to adapt your style and language to fit with the teams you are working with So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation