Assistant Commercial Manager
Within the Transport Infrastructure division of Amey, here in Scotland, we have an opportunity for an Assistant Commercial Manager to join the Commercial team and provide support on bids and contracts for CEFA.
Joining a Commercial team of 6 you will be seeking your first role following college/university, or will have around a year of experience in a commercial/quantity surveying environment. You will be seeking a career in Quantity Surveying and looking to work towards RICS membership.
The role will be partly based at our offices in Motherwell (ML1 4RU) and likely be a hybrid home/office model, post covid restrictions.
It is a full time, permanent position
- Assist in the bid and tender process and feed in as required
- Assist in providing commercial and financial feed-back to the Estimators
- Support the commercial team in ensuring cost capture processes are complied with.
- Maintain professional working relationships at all times
- Assist in providing all cost/commercial information required under the Contract(s) (Reporting, Cashflows and Forecasts, etc) as directed
- Assist in collating all information required to generate applications for payment
- Assist in submitting with each application for payment final anticipated Client outturn costs as directed
- Assist in submitting in a timely manner Change Requests, with price and programme effects, for subsequent agreement as directed
- Assist in the commercial management of the Subcontract Accounts
- Appreciation of the Amey Bid Governance process
- Promote a team-working environment
- Degree qualification or studying towards (RICS or equivalent) is desirable but not mandatory
- Strong IT skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines
- Methodical style of working
Some quantity surveying/business experience
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.