An exciting opportunity has arisen as we look to further strengthen our finance team which supports our 25 year contract with Cambridgeshire Council. We are looking to appoint a talented Management Accountant who is studying towards ACCA or CIMA. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a dynamic and commercially oriented Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Manager you will ensure delivery of a reliable management accounting service to the business to a consistently high quality, ensuring all internal and external accounting and reporting requirements are delivered to a high standard and in accordance to reporting timescales, whilst ensuring support of all efficiency activities.
Experience / Qualifications
- ACCA / CIMA part qualified or qualified by experience
- Previous Management Accountancy experience
- Experience of project based industries, or construction preferable but not essential
- Strong IT skills including good knowledge of SAP and advanced Excel
- Good knowledge of accounting practices, statutory regulations and reporting requirements including experience of forecasting / budgeting
- Profit centre reporting and variance analysis experience
- Experience working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of quality and detail
- Experience working as a business partner with multiple stakeholders and internal support functions
- Must be flexible, pro-active and enjoy problem solving
The waste treatment division is separating out from Amey and creating a new Stand-alone business entity in the UK. You will be joining us at such an exciting time and help shape the future of the new business. Within Waste Treatment, we use state-of-the-art technology to make the most of rubbish and reduce the amount being sent to landfill. From recycling materials; composting; and mechanical biological treatment to energy from waste (EfW) facilities creating better environments. Our three treatment facilities in Milton Keynes, North Yorkshire and the Isle of Wight will between them, create enough energy to power the equivalent of 60,000 homes when they are all fully operational. Both Milton Keynes and North Yorkshire bring together three different technologies on one site - mechanical treatment, anaerobic digestion and EfW. This allows us to extract any organic and recyclable materials (such as plastic and metals) which have been placed in with general, non-recyclable waste before using the rest to create energy. In Cambridgeshire we offer a range of treatment capabilities from our 400-acre Waterbeach Waste Management Park, providing services as part of partnerships with local authorities and directly for businesses and residents.