Assistant Site Manager
Willmott Dixon are currently recruiting for an Assistant Site Manager to join our Wales and West team on a project based in Bristol. This is a hands-on Assistant role supporting the Site / Senior Site Managers to manage the day-to-day site operations.
As an Assistant Site Manager at Willmott Dixon, your key responsibilities will include:
- Establishing standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and project requirements.
- Adopting the principles of the Considerate Constructor's Scheme and manage community relationship
- Ensuring appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
- Undertaking the works in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non recoverable costs and preliminaries losses. Monitor and work to agreed preliminaries budget
- Producing and developing project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time. Organising the works and supply chain to provide the right working environment to avoid disruption between trades.
- Understanding the client priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations
- Maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management
- Managing project handover and ensure defect / snag free completion
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Experience in site management
- Proven experience in managing supply chain relationships
- A current CSCS card and SMSTS certificate
- Valid Driving Licence
- First Aid at work certificate
- Ability to accurately interpret programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Experienced in use of Microsoft programmes; i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
What we offer
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working in this role and you will be able to do a hybrid between site and homeworking.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.