Senior Executive Secretary
Senior Executive Secretary
Permanent - Flexible working available
Laing O'Rourke's 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
Laing O'Rourke are looking for a Senior Executive Secretary to offer support to the Technical Leaders, with particular emphasis on the need to provide accurate and well formatted documentation to the highest standard, in addition to pro-actively managing diaries and itinerary to maximise capacity.
- Manage diaries and full itinerary, with forward thinking strategies to prioritise clients and key stakeholders. Diaries must be managed with applied logic to ensure maximum use of available time to the best advantage and to ensure adequate down time is available for rest and recovery to maximise capacity.
- Provide exceptional, efficient and effective secretarial support as part of the Technical support team, co-ordinating day to day activities and working as part of an organised team.
- Communicate professionally with external key stakeholders and liaise effectively with internal teams in all areas of our business, building strong collaborative relationships and a wide network of support.
- Preparation of Board information packs, drawing from dashboard data, including graphics, charts and trend analysis. Forward thinking follow up to contribute to and prepare for up and coming events and meetings.
- Manage sensitive and confidential data appropriately.
- Arrange and prepare for on-line meetings and calls with sound knowledge of how to set up, update and ensure connectivity.
- Professional but strong gate keeping to protect Leaders time and delegating where appropriate and right
- Able to take, record and deliver accurate messages.
- Able to be flexible in order to meet the demands of the role. Able to work under pressure accurately and at pace and to tight deadlines.
- Articulate and confident team player, able to encourage collaborative working and support the wider function.
- Able to organise and manage events ie Broadcasts (Teams/Yammer), Client and stakeholder events.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work methodically.
- Advanced Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio skills.
- Strong language literacy.
- Business analytics - strong Excel capability.
- Accurate keyboard skills at good speed.
- Good standard of numeracy.
- Understands modern technology, smart devices, video/telephone conferencing.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please get in touch.