Digital Skills Bootcamp
Why put off pursuing a career in Tech any longer? This is your game-changing moment.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER CHANGE?
ARE YOU A GRADUATE NOT UTILISING YOUR DEGREE?
ARE YOU READY TO RETURN TO WORK?
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A CAREER IN THE FAST-PACED WORLD OF TECHNOLOGY?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, we have an amazing opportunity for you.
A unique chance to kickstart an exciting new career in an increasingly diverse and in-demand sector. You just need to bring an open mind, a thirst for learning, and leave any pre-conceptions at the door.
QA’S FREE, 9-WEEK TECH SKILLS BOOTCAMPS
The UK’s tech industry is booming. With an estimated 100,000 new opportunities emerging every month – and average tech salaries topping £53,000 – this wide and resilient sector is alive with career potential.
And the even better news is that there is no one type of tech person. In fact, it’s an increasingly diverse, vibrant and in-demand sector, entered into by people whom you might not expect to. People just like you.
QA’s Tech Skills Bootcamps, part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs, have one shared goal: to give people – regardless of their background or level of knowledge – the opportunity to build new tech skills and secure a fast-track route to an interview with a local employer. It’s that simple.
There’s four engaging pathways to choose from: Software Development, Data Engineering, DevOps and Cyber Security. And they have plenty in common.
HOW DO TECH SKILLS BOOTCAMPS WORK?
- They’re absolutely free for you to attend.
- They’re delivered virtually via QA Virtual Classroom (Software & Data) orface-to-face in our central London and Manchester offices (Cyber Security & DevOps) over 9 weeks of full-time learning. That’s 9-5, Monday to Friday – with self-paced assignments to work through in your own time.
- They put you through your paces, equipping you with the key technical skills the world’s leading organisations covet so highly. Through continual assessment, you’ll even get industry-recognised accreditation to prove them.
- Together with a QA Cloud Academy pre-learning pathway, covering Python fundamentals and Cloud literacy, you’ll also learn the soft skills and work-ready know-how to hit the ground running. So from presenting with confidence and preparing a high-quality CV, to readying yourself for technical interviews – our leading trainers have your back.
WHEN YOU COMPLETE THE TECH SKILLS BOOTCAMP, YOU’LL GET:
• Industry-recognised accreditation – depending on your pathway, you’ll earn certification from Microsoft, PeopleCert and/or SFIA to seriously boost your employability prospects.
• Your own recruitment support manager, who’ll work straight away to secure job interviews for local technical roles.
• Exclusive 12-months’ access to QA’s Cloud Academy platform of hands-on labs, learning paths, courses and quizzes.
• 12-months’ BCS membership (The Chartered Institute for IT), with access to Career Mentoring.• A 12-month discount to over 5000+ Microsoft and PeopleCert technology certifications.
WHAT WILL YOU BE LEARNING:
Tech Skills Bootcamp in Software Development - you’ll cover everything up to Software Developer Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including detailed modules on: DevOps and Source Control; Programming Fundamentals; Building microservices; Java and Spring.
Tech Skills Bootcamp in Data Engineering - you’ll cover everything up to Data Analyst Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including engaging modules on: Azure Fundamentals; Python for Data Analytics; Machine Learning; Enterprise Big Data Professional; Power BI.
Tech Skills Bootcamp in DevOps - you’ll cover everything up to DevOps Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including engaging modules on: Agile; Azure Fundamentals; Python; Linux; CI/CD basics; Docker containers.
Tech Skills Bootcamp in Cyber Security - you’ll cover everything up to Cyber Security Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including engaging modules on: Coding and Scripting Basics; Cloud Security; Threat Analysis; Information Security Risk; Security Management; Operating Systems.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
• Aged 19+
• Enthusiasm, aptitude and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies, from day one
• A go-getter with a can-do attitude
• A great communicator, with a passion for helping and working with others
• British citizen or have lived in the UK for at least 3 years prior • You can commit to 100% attendance over the 9 weeks