Product Compliance Manager
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"Our expert Product Compliance Team specializes in ensuring the optimal alignment of our consumer products with dynamically evolving regulatory legislation. We collaborate daily with our leading-edge Product Design Teams to ensure that each product is safe for our customers and respects both regulations and the environment" - Steve Fifield, Compliance Manager.
What you'll do:
- Work within our Product Compliance team, with key responsibilities in the following areas
- Assess requirements for new and existing electronic consumer products
- Audit supporting product documentation and compliance reports
- Track EU Directives, Regulations and Standards to ensure that required product changes are implemented in a timely manner
- Ensure no hold-ups to either new product launch or existing production
- Drive continuous improvement of Sky's product compliance process
- Effectively communicate process requirements to product teams
What you'll bring:
- Electronic product / engineering background
- Proven track record for ensuring that UK and European products comply with applicable legislation
- Detailed knowledge of at least two (preferably three) of the following European Directives: Safety; Electromagnetic Conformity; Radio Equipment; Eco-design Directive
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to influence teams
- Ideally Radio / Wi-Fi experience
- Ideally a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.