Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As a Live Blogger for the Sky News website and app, you will be responsible for finding, interpreting and breaking news for large audiences. You must be a dynamic reporter able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Whether it's posting live updates on a Downing Street news conference, attending high-profile court cases or scouring social media for content, you will spot top lines and write about them engagingly, accurately and quickly.
What you'll do:As a member of the Sky News blogging team, you'll…
- Be at the forefront of breaking news to significant audiences on our website and app
- Report through high-profile events covering a wide range of subjects
- Be expected to spot lines before our rivals
- Pitch and execute ideas for live blogs
- Devise ways to best use Sky News content in the live blog format
- Often work independently and be expected to uphold Sky News' standards of accuracy
What you'll bring:
- A first-class journalist with a track record of finding, writing and producing stories to a high standard for recognised news organisations
- Experienced in handling breaking news scenarios
- Able to produce clean, engaging copy at pace and under pressure
- Willing to adjust your work patterns when events require
- Someone with hands-on experience of content management systems
Sky NewsSky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
The Rewards:There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:Osterley:Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inclusion:We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait?Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.