Part Time - Management Accountant
Management Accountant - (Part-Time)
London - GBP38,000 (Pro rata - GBP22,800)
Working Week: 22.5 hours split over 3-5 days
The Portfolio Group are pleased to be partnered with a professional services firm really pushing the boundaries of technology and online platforms. For Part-Qualified of Qualified Management Accountants to come in a take control of one of their subsidiaries following a recent inter-company merger. They are very well-known in their sector, and this is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to either reduce their hours or work on a part-time basis with flexibility over which days and number of hours.
The role will be reporting directly into a Finance manager and indirectly into the Head of Finance and Reporting. You will be a part of a busy finance team who run a very tight ship, especially when it comes to month-end. The business has aggressive growth plans for the next 3 years and beyond and you will be joining at an incredibly exciting time as their client base is expanding rapidly. Their consistent focus on client satisfaction continues, driven by the excellence of their people. Through training and development, they will make sure that everyone who works there has the resources they need to build their careers.
- Responsible for financial reporting relating to insurance brokerage business
- Assist in comparison against budgets, highlighting and reporting variances.
- Reconciliation of control accounts.
- Preparation of premium and claims bordereaux submissions.
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting information.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT relating to the business activities.
- Assist in completion of customer invoicing processes and reconciliation of data.
- Assist in the budgeting and quarterly reforecasting processes.
- Assist with ad hoc project work as and when required.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- Have a recognised accountancy qualification or working towards - ACCA, CIMA, ACA, AAT.
- Intermediate Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce is useful but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of financial reporting procedures.
- Ability to manage workloads to strict reporting deadlines, as well as to react flexibly to changes in requirements.
- Excellent planning and analytical skills, together with a proactive approach.
- Keen to learn and understand complex systems, processes and the mechanics of a business.
- Demonstrates a 'Can-do' attitude, able to co-ordinate multiple inputs to provide clear, concise and insightful management information.
- Ability to organise & prioritise workload in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to organise, manipulate and present large volumes of data using Excel spreadsheets.