Java Engineer - Transaction Reporting
We are looking for a talented developer with 2+ years of experience to join our Transaction Reporting team. As part of the team, you will help build out our cloud-based platform and support the existing systems. We offer the opportunity to use the latest technologies like Akka, Docker, Kubernetes and EKS to deliver highly scalable and robust systems, which are responsible for meeting Macquarie Group's regulatory transaction reporting needs. You will be working with multi-talented and diverse teams in multiple geographical locations in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a self-motivated individual and possess excellent communication skills to engage with stakeholders. You have a resilient character and relish opportunities to stretch yourself.
- Deliver well tested technical JIRAs.
- Contribute to design and refinement sessions; interact with users to understand their needs.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Work in a geographically dispersed team
- Support automated system testing, user testing, and production implementation.
- Provide L2/3 support
- Experience with
- One or more JDK languages - we primarily use Java 11 but are happy to hear from candidates using Scala, Kotlin or others!
- SQL Databases (Postgres 12+ preferred)
- Unit testing and TDD
- Messaging formats – XML, JSON
- Desire to
- Build robust long-lived cloud-native applications.
- Use their strong interpersonal skills to derive requirements from stakeholders.
- Support what we deploy in production.
- Challenge, innovate and help drive our deliveries and shape our technical direction.
- Take on board feedback and use this to adapt and grow.
Nice to have:
- Experience with
- Frontend Development
- API Design (particularly using Spring Boot)
- Middleware and communication (Solace, RabbitMQ, SQS or others)
- Messaging formats - Protobuf
- NoSql Databases
- Atlassian JIRA
- Agile/Scrum working and methodologies.
- Argo CD
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.