Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This role of UI Designer is to work on behalf of the Digital Design Team to deliver its simple ambition: to be regarded as Europe's leading in-house design team. This role is fundamentally the creative execution of design work across multiple projects and focuses around three core areas:
What you'll do:
- Coming up with innovative ideas, solving problems creatively crafting these into logical, coherent solutions that centre around our customers' needs
- Helping to maintain an efficient design delivery process, through regular clear communication with delivery teams and consistently delivering to schedule
- Working with partners inside Sky's Digital delivery function including product owners, engineers, researchers and copywriters
- Advocating the value of Design and User Centered Design practices with stakeholders across the business
- Demonstrate the knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design and technology trends
- Work closely with the design team to ensure visibility and provide input into group design critiques
What you'll bring:
- Proven relevant experience with a specific focus on UI Design as well as experience in motion and animation design
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey sophisticated design concepts clearly to different delivery skills within the organization
- Proven experience of UCD design principles and methodologies, with an ability to conduct competitor analysis & benchmarking, build user journeys, user flows, wireframes, high fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes
- Good understanding of UCD, human interface guidelines, standards, and best practices as they apply to various platforms and devices
- Experience working within an agile delivery environment, and in a highly collaborative manner with multiple delivery skill sets
- Proficient understanding of the latest tools and applications such as Figma, Framer and Adobe creative suite and experience of running discovery & design workshops, helping drive alignment and innovation
The Rewards:There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:Leeds:Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
Inclusion:We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait?Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.