Scrum Master - Chief Data & Analytics Office
As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve our vision of being the best bank for our customers.
We're committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve - where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
The Chief Data & Analytics Office (CDAO) is the Centre of Excellence for data and analytics within LBG. We are on a mission to turn every decision taken in the Group into a data-driven decision, revolutionise the Group's approach to data management, and deliver innovative business intelligence and machine learning products. We are pioneers in what we do and so we are continuously learning. It is not always easy, but it would not be exciting otherwise!
We deliver a range of data and analytics products and solutions across all LBG business areas and also partner up with other analytics teams and Divisional Data Offices to help them increase their data and analytics maturity. This means that even though we operate as a central Group function, we interact with people and teams from across the group on a regular basis on some of their most exciting and innovative initiatives. This gives CDAO colleagues a unique opportunity to gain insight and relationships across the whole bank and learn how to maximise the value we can deliver for our customers through data.
So what is the role?
It's about the right attitude and mindset rather than ticking boxes. If you are great at what you do and are excited about the prospect of working with us, we would love to hear from you - even if you don't match all of the criteria listed below.
What would you get involved with?
- You will help the teams understand and embrace the value of Agile. You will facilitate all of the team meetings but also teach your teams how to self-organise around Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospectives.
- You'll help the Product Owner to manage and prioritise the backlog.
- You will facilitate Release Planning sessions to help the team, the Product Owner and the stakeholders get visibility of what's on the horizon.
- You'll ensure the team remains focused on their sprint work and so you will actively address any blockers, including protecting the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
- You will help the team improve how they plan their work, including estimates.
- You will use your influence to ensure smooth and timely delivery.
- You will have scrum master experience in financial services or large corporate environments.
- You will have recognised scrum master certification.
- You will have passion, if not experience, in data analytics, data science, or other analytics roles and disciplines
What will you get in return?
As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and breadth to provide you with a diverse range of training and development opportunities, helping you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
Together we make it possible.
So what can we offer you in return?
We'll reward you with excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity!
The salary reflects a London location.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- A Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Share Schemes
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.