Business Data Analyst
We’re offering a fast-paced, project delivery environment and a chance to draw on your problem-solving skills to achieve optimal outcomes for our stakeholders.
In this role, you will work closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements, define business concepts and understand data requirements. This includes the ability to gather, elicit, and lead the refinement for features/stories with an agile approach, work closely with team members on the design of the solution, ensure business requirements and outcomes are clearly understood by the scrum team and assist in identifying business rules, constraints and acceptance criteria.
You will act as a liaison between business, product, and delivery teams and provide walkthroughs of user stories to the scrum team, to assist with the understanding of requirements. In addition, you will provide support and guidance to the scrum team during the delivery process, which may include participating in testing.
To be successful, you will need to have:
- the ability to understand business processes and scenarios, their impacts, and effects on data
- the ability to work closely with business and technical stakeholders at all levels
- proficient knowledge of data manipulation languages (ie. SQL) and data processing
- business analysis experience, specifically in the financial or regulatory reporting space
- strong problem solving and analytical skills, with good attention to detail
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to work well in a team
- previous experience working with distributed teams across different time zones
- experience using Confluence, JIRA, and Alteryx is desirable.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.