Halifax Customer Adviser - Lancaster
At the Halifax we're here to help our hard working, down-to-earth customers, making sure their money is helping them get on, not getting in the way. We're famous for giving extra! And, at the heart of our upbeat brand are our friendly, warm and hardworking people who get a buzz from forming relationships with our customers. You'll help customers with everything from getting their everyday banking admin sorted to really committing when it matters the most.
We're looking for welcoming and approachable people, who can make things more straightforward for our customers. Across the Group our branch colleagues are passionate about making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. Join us and you'll gain genuine opportunities to learn, grow and develop as part of our inclusive, values-led culture.
To be a Customer Assistant We'd be looking for the following attributes:
- You'll need to be conscientious and genuine, caring about helping people move forward with their finances.
- Your ability to quickly build rapport will help you to understand and then meet your Customer's needs to give them a truly excellent Customer experience.
- You'll act with care and integrity - making time to resolve queries, giving customers confidence through the services you provide.
Do these well and you'll be helping customers take their next step in life using some of our latest in-branch technologies and wider digital services.
Whether you're greeting customers at the welcome desk, helping them at the counter or working in other branch areas, you'll make the most of your best talent - just wanting to help people.
What else do we need?
- We'll need you to be hardworking ideally with previous experience of delivering excellent service - no banking or finance experience is necessary.
- Great attention to detail (forms, figures, systems, cash etc.)
- You'll be a genuine teammate - collaborating with your branch colleagues to ensure our customers' needs are met.
- The flexibility to work across a number of branches in the local area and some Saturdays when needed.
In return, we'll be totally committed to investing in you. From your first day we'll provide all the training and support you need. Many of our colleagues get the opportunity to gain an industry qualification - working towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Providing Financial Services or other career-advancing qualifications.
We'll give you a reward package which offers you flexibility and choice. It enables you to choose the benefits that suit you: from additional cash payments, retail discount vouchers or buying/selling annual leave. This is on top of investing in your future through generous pensions, share schemes etc.
Once a year you'll also have the option to give a day to support initiatives within your local community and make even more of a difference.
We're passionate about diversity and equal opportunity and gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
Our roles often generate a lot of interest, so please bear in mind vacancies can close early so don't delay in applying to us!
We're currently advertising our full time salary which would be pro-rata for reduced hour working which we fully support.
If you have the passion for helping people we're looking for and you want to make a real difference to your community and career then we'd love to hear from you!