People, Learning and Development Associate
The People, Learning and Development Associate will manage and deliver a number of Human Resources, Training and Team Development tasks and duties in their entirety for Barker Langham, as well as support the CEO, company Directors and Practice Managers in the care, development and growth of our global team.
Duties include (but not limited to):
Lead the development of tools and processes to support the global Barker Langham workforce including
- Update of all global HR policies
- Creation of new policies to support our staff and company culture
- Development of staff handbook
- Refinement of staff onboarding and departure processes
- Responsible for the execution, and continual refinement and improvement, of twice yearly team appraisal process
- Manage the ongoing company-wide refinement and updating of all Job Descriptions
- Lead the ongoing development and delivery of company-wide training and development plan, including organising both internal and external training sessions
- Deliver successful and timely recruitment activities
- Provide HR training to Senior Barker Langham team members, as needed, in order to ensure they can confidently deliver specific Human Resource activities and tasks inline with best HR practice
- Serve in the team planning company-wide annual leave, and analysis of other leave taken, alongside Directors and Practice Managers
- Ensure the successful execution of employee rewards programme alongside Directors and Practice Managers
- Execute contracting of employees globally (including ensuring all packages and contracts are in line with statutory requirements in each global location) alongside Practice Managers
- Serve as a key person in the Barker Langham team supporting pastoral care, a positive company culture, and employee well-being. Suggesting tactics or making changes where needed to support colleagues and company culture globally
- Lead any necessary performance management or employee disciplinary actions where appropriate
- Create and shape employee development plans (with Directors) and future promotion planning
- The People, Learning and Development Associate will report into the CEO and liaise heavily with the Practice Managers and also the wider team of Directors to execute their responsibilities.
This role would suit an experienced Human Resources professional who is looking for flexibility in their role and an exciting opportunity to work with an exceptional team and growing company in an inspiring industry.
The position is 3 days per week and flexible working is available (could be set 3 days, or 3 days spread over 5). The Associate can be based anywhere in the UK, Europe or the Middle East and is welcome to work entirely from home, or from our offices if they are based in London or Dubai.
This position is a 6 to 12 month contract, and there would be the possibility of ongoing work, or a permanent appointment, in the future if company growth supports it.
An excellent standard of spoken and written English language is essential, the candidate must be able to independently draft well written policies, letters and HR documents and thoroughly review employee contracts. Additional languages other than English are advantageous.
It is expected that the successful candidate would be familiar with, or would make themselves familiar with, the labour laws and HR statutory requirements in each of the global locations of our employees, and would ensure we are meeting all statutory requirements for those in our employ.
Experience in the Creative or Cultural Sector would be welcome, but is not essential.
Essential for this role is demonstrated experience in delivering successful Human Resources, training and development outcomes in the past (regardless of the industry) alongside a positive and enthusiastic attitude, a genuine care for seeing people develop, achieve and gain satisfaction from their careers, and the ability to work independently and flexibly to deliver high quality, efficient and effective work.
Applicants to quote the reference number and job title in their application:
BLE013 People, Learning and Development Associate