Information Security Analyst
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
The Information Security Analyst will be a key member of the Security Strategy, Governance and Risk Management team and play a key role in maintaining Inmarsat’s ISO27001 certification.
Following successful accredited recertification, as Inmarsat ISMS team embark on a new 3-year cycle, the Information Security Analyst will be integral in supporting ISMS processes including Information Security Risk Management and Information Security Audits.
You will be given increasing opportunities to carve out responsibility to manage work packages autonomously across the functions and geographies that make up Inmarsat, in accordance with pre-defined processes, using a state of the art Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) platform.
- Support the Senior Manager, ISMS Continuous Improvement in maintaining ISO 27001 compliance, through the implementation of processes and maintenance of the GRC platform in order ultimately to ensure Inmarsat is resilient and information is secure
- Deliver reports and routine updates on the status of assigned ISMS work packages under the Senior Manager, ISMS Continuous Improvement and the Senior Director Security Strategy, Governance and Risk Management to ensure continued ISO27001 certification
- Continually monitor processes and procedures that implement Information Security Controls across the business, to maintain high levels of assurance that the risk of systems and information being compromised is minimised
- Support the review of ISMS processes, Security policies, and help department managers responsible for Information Security Controls to continually improve implementation and thus Inmarsat’s security stance
- Communicate specific information security needs from business units to group projects through the identification and quantification of risks and implementation of associated risk treatment plans
- Provide information security guidance and direction to projects and business initiatives as required. Ensure change initiatives incorporate information security requirements
Key Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge and previous work experience of ISMS (ISO 27001)
- Enthusiasm and an interest in information security, risk management and compliance auditing
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Comfortable and confident in leading change
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple priorities
- Resilient and confident under pressure
- Comfortable communicating at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrable record of delivering at pace
- Solid decision making skills
- Preferably be educated to a degree level or above in an Information Security related discipline. CISA, CISM, CISSP, ISO27001 Lead Auditor or equivalent desirable
- Understanding of Enterprise Risk Management principles
- Working knowledge of NIST Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
- Understanding of Crisis Management and Business Continuity
- Collaborative and comfortable working in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Project management experience is advantageous
- Data analytics skills and experience
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do