Associate Director –Nature and Biodiversity - Flexible & Part-Time
What we do
The Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy Team (CR&DS) leads KPMG's work around climate-related topics. As a fast-growing team focused on one of the defining issues of our time and directly supported by KPMG's UK Board, we present an exciting opportunity to potential hires, both in terms of professional opportunity and potential for real-world impact.
Our team has been formed to help clients across corporates and financial services respond to the immense, systemic challenges posed by climate change. Amongst other activities, we help clients to identify and quantify climate risks and opportunities faced by their businesses to meet regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands; analyse and assess the range of mitigation and adaptation strategies available to address climate risks (including the adoption of net zero strategies, carbon market participation and transition planning); ensure business are positioned to capture the opportunity from climate change; implement the strategies; and, finally, embed the risk, strategy, targets and governance into financial reporting, helping to pave the way to a low carbon economy.
What you’ll be doing
- Helping lead business development initiatives including targeting key C-Suite level individuals, proposing KPMG's services and closing opportunities.
- Acting as the primary team interface with various levels of client executives up to and including C-Suite Level.
- Managing the delivery of project deliverables and advising persuasively, earning the position of a trusted advisor.
- Identifying opportunities for the application of nature-based solutions as part of wider decarbonisation strategies.
What we are looking for
- Substantial professional experience, including demonstrated expertise in a topic related to nature, biodiversity, land use or related themes.
- Collaborative outlook and team player.
- Proven track record leading and managing teams.
- Ability to build and nurture trusting relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
Why join us
Support from day one. We expect a lot from you, but you can expect as much in return. From Intelligent Working and Employee Networks to great rewards and benefits, we’ll have regular, honest conversations about your career.
Diverse perspectives. Diverse challenges demand wide-reaching perspectives. That’s one of the reasons why we’re so passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best talent from all backgrounds. We’re proud of the value we place on individuality and we’ll empower you to bring your full self to work; to help maximise your true potential.
Applying with a Disability. KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
What to do next
Live our values and embrace our quality-first culture, and we’ll give you what you need to take your career from success to success. Start your journey by clicking 'Apply' today.