Director – Assurance – Sustainability/ESG - Flexible & Part-Time
What we do
Global markets are thriving, with significant funding to invest in the right business, and the opportunity to support our clients has never been greater. In our Audit and Assurance business this includes Special Purpose Audits, Reporting Accountant roles, Technical Accounting assistance and many other bespoke Assurance projects.
To support this growth we have a fantastic opportunity for Directors to join our team and assist in providing companies of a range of sizes across different sectors with the audit and assurance requirements of the UK and US initial public offering process, and with a wide variety of project based assurance and accounting topics. These topics include acquisitions and opening balance sheet audits, complex private equity transactions and structures, Sox implementation, and working with our established ESG/Sustainability assurance teams to support the growth of this high demand and increasingly regulated service.
They will be responsible for managing these assurance engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub and will also have the opportunity to provide advice to non-audit clients on preparedness for IPO, IFRS/US GAAP transition, and other transaction based topics. Training for US accreditation will be provided if not already attained.
What you’ll be doing
- You will work with partners to deliver audits for IPO requirements (US and UK) and other one-off transactions, providing advice on IPO processes for clients and working on internal projects with other Assurance teams.
- Together with the Audit partner you will lead the end to end engagement process, including: developing the scope of work and deliverables, reviewing the testing and assurance fieldwork and draft reporting, directing and coaching the team, and ensuring compliance with the relevant independence and client acceptance approvals.
- Lead engagements in line with ISA, PCAOB, AICPA and ISRE, or equivalent.
- Support in developing and improving the AQTP work programmes for specific industries or ownership structures.
- Building and leading relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
What we are looking for
- Experience (minimum 9 years) in Audit, including experience of leading or supporting Audit Partners in the delivery of audit engagements for large clients (ideally FTSE 350 or equivalent) or under PCAOB standards.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills, and an ability to lead a team to deliver to a fixed deadline.
- Inquisitive mind with strong technical skills and a passion for quality.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues.
Why join us
Support from day one. We expect a lot from you, but you can expect as much in return. From Intelligent Working and Employee Networks to great rewards and benefits, we’ll have regular, honest conversations about your career.
Diverse perspectives. Diverse challenges demand wide-reaching perspectives. That’s one of the reasons why we’re so passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best talent from all backgrounds. We’re proud of the value we place on individuality and we’ll empower you to bring your full self to work; to help maximise your true potential.
Applying with a Disability. KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
What to do next
Live our values and embrace our quality-first culture, and we’ll give you what you need to take your career from success to success. Start your journey by clicking 'Apply' today.