Senior Site Manager
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Building Manager to work on a 38 unit residential scheme project based in Royal Borough of Kensington/Chelsea area. Reporting to the Operations/ Construction Manager, the successful candidate will manage the delivery of projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
Key responsibilities include:
* Establish standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and project requirements.
* Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor's Scheme and manage community relations. Ensure appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
* Undertake the works in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non recoverable costs and preliminaries losses. Monitor and work to agreed preliminaries budget.
* Produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time. Organise the works and supply chain to provide the right working environment to avoid disruption between trades.
* Understand the client priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
* Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
* Manage project handover and ensure defect / snag free completion.
* Support the strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets sets.
A 38 unit Residential fit out Scheme, medium rise, located in Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea.
Project worth - 17million
Starting now until end of October/November 2022
Essential and Desirable Criteria
* A proven track record of successful delivery of projects in a similar role.
* Proven experience in managing teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
* Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc) or equivalent
* A current CSCS card and SMSTS certificate.
* Valid Driving Licence
* First Aid at work certificate
* Ability to accurately interpret programmes, drawings and technical specifications
* Management of the supply chain, direct employees and consultants
* Experienced in use of Microsoft programmes; ie Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
* Relevant Degree
* Working towards MCIOB
Organization and a good eye for detail is key. Someone that can deliver quality and is well structured with a real passion for people.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile/flexible working wherever possible. We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
In return we provide you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package to fit your lifestyle and priorities, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos and a chance to develop your career of a lifetime!
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.