Kitchen team member - Flexible Working Available
about wagamama |
inspired by fast paced, japanese ramen bars, wagamama brings the fresh, flavours of asia to all. a little ginger to warm you up. chillies that kick. noodles to nourish the body and soul.
we're not just a company, we're a family whereby our beliefs and shared values create our strong culture epitomized by our people mantra of 'be you, be wagamama'
our kitchens |
we take pride in our kitchens; maintenance is a priority + we have state-of-the-art equipment. our standards are high. our ingredients are cooked fresh. we serve hot food when it's ready. you'll find no microwaves or heat lamps here. our open kitchens mean you get to interact with our guests spreading positivity from bowl to soul
be you | be a kitchen team member
you don't need previous kitchen experience or to have worked with asian food before , just a passion for food, a great attitude + a willingness to learn, we'll teach you the rest!
we have a dedicated 4-week training period when you join us, so we'll teach you everything you need to know to become a true wokstar!
as a wagamama kitchen team member, you'll receive some great benefits |
- brilliant hourly rate + a share of staff tips
- weekly pay, every friday
- flexible shifts
- free meal on shift
- a clean uniform provided every shift
- transfer options available should you move or go studying
- christmas day off
- 4 week training period when you start
- internal development programmes to support you to take your first step into management
- apprenticeship opportunities | gain national qualifications
- 30% discount at wagamama + other trg brands when dining with friends + family
- company pension scheme
- financial wellbeing support
- perkbox | retail, gyms + restaurant discounts
- career progression + clear career pathways from line chef up to head chef
what you'll do |
- depending on the shift you work, you may start as early as 7am or finish as late as midnight
- you'll prepare, cook + present wagamama dishes, following our recipes + specifications
- you'll use fresh ingredients to cook hundreds of dishes for guests every single day
- you'll own one of our four stations | wok, ramen, teppan + fry
- you'll manage a section, ensuring you're set up and ready for service + keeping it clean throughout your shift
- you'll keep our kitchens clean, safe + up to a high standard by following our health + safety procedures and cleaning practices
- you'll work as a team with the other chefs + have each other's backs
about you |
- a hunger to learn new skills + how to cook our brilliant food. you don't need previous kitchen experience, we'll teach you!
- has a passion for food, people + restaurants
- a team player + great communicator, who has a positive can-do attitude
- a caring individual | you care about other people, our teams + guests
- in the spirit of change (kaizen), you're always looking to improve + help us be better than the day before
- passionate about creating a brilliant experience for our guests
if that sounds like you, click apply below!
wagamama is an equal opportunity employer. we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees
when submitting your details, please let us know if you require any support or adjustments during the interview process