Systems Analyst Developer – International Bank
Pls note this is a Rejoin opportunity - pls apply if you have been on a career break for a min of 12months+
On behalf of our client, Resource Solutions are looking for a Senior Developer to join our client’s Market Risk, Finance and TCM IT team, based in their London offices. The role falls within the Finance and Risk Run-The-Bank (RTB) team, reporting into the RTB/CTB Technical Lead. Managing and developing in excess of 12 systems, our systems also monitor, Risk (Modelled and Non), Liquidity positions, Large Exposures and any Regulatory breaches. Job Purpose Working within the Technology Finance, Risk and TCM team focusing on both ‘run the bank’ and ‘small change’ IT system activity.
The candidate will be involved in any day to day Regulatory Reporting systems issues, or changes, and re-engineering the legacy systems. This will involve working in close partnership with the Regulatory Control team and IT support teams to specify, prioritise and test any enhancements. In addition, the candidate will be involved in a number of ‘change the bank’ projects. These are key strategic initiatives sponsored in other areas of the bank that impact Regulatory Reporting.
Responsibilities include understanding the scope of the project, determining how it will impact Regulatory Reporting; specifying requirements back to the project team and then leading UAT. Immediate objectives/ deliverables:
- Assessment of criticality of each component of the Regulatory infrastructure, ensuring first line support is bedded down within IT
- Completeness check of data feeds to Regulatory systems and helping add new ones in SQL Server.
- ensuring the system is available to end users and working correctly.
- ensuring that all overnight upstream data loads have been received and loaded/processed without error.
- answering first and second line support queries from users.
- implementing system fixes and short-term system developments/enhancements (typically < 2 months’ work).
The role can involve out of hours support. This takes the form of being on-call for a week at a time. Currently, this is shared on a rota. There is also a requirement to check the overnight batch each morning and provide status update back into the central Service Delivery team as well as business. This is typically performed remotely from home before leaving for the office. This is also on a weekly rota basis.