Technical Manager - IT Systems
Technical Manager - IT Systems
Would you like a technical role requiring expertise in the design, development and delivery of secure information or communication systems using the latest technologies? We currently have a vacancy for a Technical Manager - IT Systems at our site in Christchurch, Dorset (with some flexibility for other sites).
You may already be in this role but know it by another title such as Design Lead, Design Authority, Technical Lead or Chief Engineer; or it may be the next stage in your career.
As a Technical Manager - IT Systems, you will be working closely with the Project Manager and Engineering Manager to successfully deliver our customer commitments and have Technical oversight of the team - around 5 - 20 engineers.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to be involved in cutting edge technologies.
Your main responsibilities as a Technical Manager - IT Systems will involve:
- Analysis, design and delivery of solutions to meet programme, business and customer requirementsApplying engineering expertise to solve complex engineering problemsLeading, inspiring and developing engineering teamsKnowledge of the latest technologies and how they can be applied to complex problems - COTS and specialist hardware, software, security and networking technologiesBuilding relationships with customers and partnersLeading the engineering aspects of winning bids
Your skills and qualifications:
- Systems EngineeringLeading the technical solution through the whole lifecycle from concept to in-serviceProviding technical leadership of engineering teams - 5+ years of experience or moreUnderstanding customer requirements (both in terms of technology need and operational contextIntegration of Commercial of the Shelf technologiesAble to influence technical teams
- Information SystemsMoD or Industry IT projects and programmes
- Leadership behaviours: Creativity; Inspiration; Collaboration;Demonstrable recent experience of delivering leading edge systems and servicesAbility to balance seemingly opposed views: big picture and detail; strategic and tactical; methodical and creativeUnderstanding of Development FrameworksUnderstanding of Security ArchitecturesUnderstanding of Software Architectures and Software implementationAssembly or installation aspects for COTS and Military IT equipmentPhysical and Electrical Safety, Security and Environmental complianceChartered engineer or working towards chartership
What we're looking for in you:
- Ability to communicate and influence.
Location: Christchurch, Dorset (with some flexibility for other sites)
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
At BAE Systems we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include; hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working.
BAE Systems Air
If you'd like to make a real difference where it counts, BAE Systems is the place for you.
From keeping soldiers, sailors and pilots safe to helping countries prosper, from developing the next generation of supersonic aircraft to investing in the next generation of super-smart talent - at BAE Systems, we work together to give our customers an essential edge in protecting the things that really matter. Lives, livelihoods, ways of life.
As part of our Air team, you could be working at the edge of what is technologically possible, shaping the future to ensure our customers are ready to face challenges we cannot even imagine today. You could be developing and evolving the technologies that will defend the UK for generations to come and supporting our customers around the globe.
Join us and you'll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work. Apply your talent where it counts.
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
For more information on our Diversity & Inclusion work, please click here.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.