Would you like to work on bespoke software projects for our Maritime Services division? We currently have a vacancy for an Infrastructure Engineer at our site in Broad Oak.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will be working within the subsurface training group, focused on virtualisation, network and infrastructure design and implementation, while designing, building and implementing varied IT Infrastructure solutions.
Your main responsibilities as an Infrastructure Engineer will involve:
- Articulating, designing and documenting project IT infrastructure solutions and project network solutions for signoff by the training systems System Design Authorities
- Undertaking detailed functional solution design 7 implementing and testing solutions are fit to be handed over to the rest of the Project Team for integration
- Providing evidence to support requirements validation
- Providing Virtualisation and Infrastructure design support to sub-surface training system projects
- Collaborating with other systems/design engineers in the project team(s) to ensure that solutions are optimal for project requirements and compatible with required timescales and available budgets
- Supporting project installations at customer and/or third-party sites as required
- Ensuring that all deployed virtualisation and infrastructure solution designs are documented to ensure through-life supportability
- Ensuring adequate backups of the project-owned IT systems are maintained and verified
Your skills and qualifications:
- Detailed knowledge of IT networking and design of networks, including virtualised networks and subnets, switching and routing
- Detailed knowledge of designing IT systems to meet the required performance (especially VMWare)
- Knowledge of installation principles and or standards to meet security requirements
- Experience writing quality design documentation
What we're looking for in you:
You should have good communication skills and be comfortable working as part of a team. You should also have good internal and external stakeholder management skills, with project planning and or reporting experience.
Location: Broad Oak, hybrid working arrangements available
Salary: up to £47,000
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
At Maritime Services, we embrace flexible and modern working arrangements and feel this is an important part of the benefits that we have on offer. It helps us to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. This role can be undertaken either full time, part time, job share, flexible hours or we would welcome your suggestions for how we could make this role fit your circumstances.
Join us and help to define the future of global maritime defence capabilities. With approximately 3,500 employees based at five UK locations and revenue of £600million, we pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around and offer significant opportunities for committed employees to learn and grow with us. Our people are encouraged to be as creative as they can be and are always looking at ways to develop and challenge the way we do things, identifying and prioritising continuous improvement activities across the business.
From our headquarters in Portsmouth, we are proud to support the Royal Navy in global operations. BAE Systems Maritime Services delivers end-to-end support to over 50 per cent of the Royal Navy's surface fleet. Our services include ship upgrades, repairs, dockyard facilities management and provision of combat systems training. We also develop and support the Royal Navy's complex equipment, such as radar, torpedoes and small boats.
With our international programmes and core support to the Ministry of Defence, you could find yourself working on the iconic Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers, Type 45 Destroyers, Type 23 Frigates, Type 26 Global Combat Ships, Hunt Class Mine Countermeasure Vessels, Offshore Patrol Vessels, historic ships and more. Our highly skilled teams design, develop, support and maintain a wide range of complex equipment. This includes Spearfish, one of the most powerful and capable wire guided torpedoes on the market. Currently undergoing a major upgrade programme, Spearfish will soon benefit from further sophisticated advances in its homing, warheads, tactical and fuelling systems, as well an upgraded guidance link. Then there's Artisan, the 3D radar that can identify a target the size of a tennis ball, travelling at a speed of more than 2000 miles an hour more than 25 kilometres away!
Join us and the projects you'll be involved in will form the backbone of the Royal Navy for decades to come. You'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
For more information on our Diversity & Inclusion work, please click here.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.