Head of Digital Content
CTVC Head of Digital Content
- 4 days per week
- GBP70,000 p/a pro rata
- 1 year contract (maternity cover)
CTVC is an award winning media production company and charity. Our thought provoking content raises important ethical and moral issues. We broadcast across all networks, both in the UK and internationally.
Working closely with the Head of Digital Strategy, this role involves driving the digital department into new and ambitious areas to ensure CTVC is always delivering the very best in digital content. Alongside day-to-day management of the digital department, the role includes exec producing (and producing) a variety of short-form content for external clients, charities and organisations. It also involves the over-seeing of CTVC's flagship educational site TrueTube and exec producing internal digital content.
As part of CTVC's senior team, the Head of Digital Content works with the CEO and wider CTVC team to assist with the strategic direction of the company, including preparing board reports and presentations as well as working with the TV and Audio departments to establish a clear, unified CTVC voice.
A vital part of this role is an interest in emerging technologies and finding new ways to share interesting moral, social and ethical stories. This is key to developing CTVC's social media presence and growing its audience (particularly on TrueTube.)
For over 10 years, CTVC has successfully delivered a range of training courses for the BFI Film Academy. The Head of Digital Content supports the Head of Training with writing and delivering new courses, as well as maintaining and building relationships with our on-going partners and funders.
CTVC's digital department has a specialism in youth-content and education and the Head of Digital Content must be able to demonstrate an interest in this area whilst also maintaining the skillset to work for other groups and audiences.
The Head of Digital Content is supported by a team including professional filmmakers, trainers, producers, and a social media officer.
- Work closely with the Head of Digital Strategy to plan a clear direction for CTVC's digital department and project manage a range of digital projects.
- Day-to-day management of CTVC's digital team to include building a high-quality working relationship and providing a blend of support, development and performance management that enables individuals to work at their best.
- Developing exciting proposals and new ideas.
- Pitching for and winning new commissions/funding.
- Exec producing/producing a range of short form content for TrueTube, CTVC and external clients including BBC Education.
- Knowledge of scheduling, budgets and safeguarding.
- Building good working relationships with external clients and with freelance filmmakers, animators and producers.
- Working closely with CEO and other HOD's
- Supporting the Head of Training in planning and delivering a range of training courses
- Work with the digital team to develop CTVC social media and marketing
- Understanding, reviewing and reporting on audience analytics
- Working with Head of Digital Strategy on management and strategy of TrueTube
- Growing TrueTube audience
Interviews will be conducted via zoom on the 16th December. We expect the successful candidate to start by the end of January 2022.