Lead Clinical Director - Haematology Development
With recent exciting developments in the haematology therapy area, we are now looking for a motivated physician with drug development experience in haematology/oncology. This role is an opportunity to redefine haematology treatment in the non-malignant haematology space, including haemophilia and red cell disorders.
As the Clinical Director you will have the opportunity to take on direct responsibility for the liaison between early and late stage functions, collaborating with the early stage teams to facilitate clinical trial development as well as being a clinical science lead for the relevant area. In due course there would be opportunity for subsequent data analysis and regulatory filings. The successful candidate will integrate findings and strategies across global drug development programs in the organization and more broadly in the field, leveraging up-to-date scientific knowledge towards executing innovative, effective clinical development plans.
The Clinical Director will be co-responsible for the design, implementation, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of preclinical and relevant clinical studies and also act as a clinical representative and content expert to a variety of functions (clinical operations, biostatistics, biomarker, regulatory affairs) within the organization. Other key responsibilities will include building long-range strategic plans, establishing productive collaborations with research scientists and other internal and external experts, and assessment of in-licensing business development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be medically qualified. Your defining attribute will be a keen interest in and understanding of drug development. In the first instance, your experience will ideally encompass a strong backbone in non-malignant haematology, such as haemostasis and thrombosis and a good knowledge of the haemophilia drug development landscape.
Skills & Experience:
- Medically qualified with board certification in medical haematology / oncology
- Experience in haematological diseases is favourable (Haemophilia, Haemoglobinopathies)
- PhD with experience in basic research and a track record of publication in leading scientific journals would be preferred
- Understand the business and regulatory dimensions in pharmaceutical drug development. Planning clinical trials (design, operational plans, settings) based on these clinical development strategies
- Pharmaceutical or biotech industry drug development experience would be preferred
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to evaluate, interpret and present complex scientific and clinical data
- Being able to participate in complex strategy discussion and provide expert opinion regarding current or future clinical development
- Desire and ability to interact productively with diverse internal and external experts, clinical investigators and corporate partners
- Excellent leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in verbal and written English
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the commitment to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organisation for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark and improve lives, apply now.
Good luck with your application.