Payroll Officer - Part Time
Payroll Officer - Part Time - Stoke on Trent
Monday-Wednesday - 25 Hours a week
Salary 28k pro rata for 25 hours
Working in small team you will be processing Payroll Weekly and Monthly supporting within the HR Department. You will be the first point of contact for payroll queries and responsible for the administration of the Time Management System this role will require excellent communication skills, strong IT Skills and a good level of organisation.
• Check and process data captured from the time management system (TMS) for payment of weekly paid employees
• Liaise with TMS users and managers providing assistance on TMS use.
• Calculate SSP, CSP, SMP, SAP, SPP accurately and in-line with Statutory and Company guidelines.
• Process attachment of earnings orders in line with the authority's instruction.
• Ensure that employees are assessed and communicated with in relation to Auto-enrolment requirements and that our payrolls remain compliant with the Pensions Regulator.
• To assist with accurate and timely processing of the company weekly and monthly payrolls using the appropriate HR and payroll software.
• Ensure that RTI submissions are made accurately on time.
• Manipulate data within Excel to provide the Accounts department of a full analysis of payments made.
• Produce payslips, P60, and P11d's and distribute to employees as necessary.
• Maintain HR data in-line with company policy and the Data Protection Act.
• Ensure adherence to statutory and legal obligations regarding payroll and pension processes.
• Calculate and arrange timely payments of PAYE to HMRC, Pension deductions to the Pension provider and Earnings attachment deductions to the appropriate authority.
• Liaise with Capita where necessary for the correct payment of Pensioner.
• Ensure agency timesheets are collated and provided in time for payment to the recruitment agency and check off subsequent invoices.
• Implement pay rises and data changes accurately
• Provide the management team with budget information as and when requested.
• Assist Auditors with their in-depth checks of payroll processes.
Payroll Officer Requirements: Payroll data will be audited and reports provided to the relevant internal departments. Being a first point of contact for payroll queries and responsible for the administration of the Time Management System this role will require excellent communication skills, strong IT skills and a good level of organisation.
You may have experience of the following: Payroll Officer, CIPP, Payroll Assistant, Payroll Administration, SSP, SMP, HMRC, Payroll Service, Payroll Administrator, etc.