Senior Network Design Engineer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Main purpose of the role would be owning network design solutions across wide horizon on technology stacks for telecom services like Broadband, Voice, CDN, Mobile services across the Sky Group and be design authority for security designs.
What you'll do:
* Elicit business and technical requirements working with the various stakeholders during requirements gathering phase.
* Author both high level and low-level design documents to support Telco services and be responsible for software/hardware selection, perform bug scrubs and security vulnerability assessments and work with test and delivery engineers to review test plans, defects, test reports, MOP and change tickets.
* Participate in vendor selection by providing technical requirements into RFP document and by doing technical evaluation including Technical Proof of Concept testing.
* Act as a design authority, review strawman proposals and designs produced by other engineers in the team and provide technical leadership to them.
* Steer network elements' feature roadmap by working closely with our strategic technology partners for software release planning, budget submissions and provide inputs for business case preparation.
* Drive platform improvements enable automation and implement new solutions that enable DevOps capabilities and support business strategy of building once and deploy multiple time.
What you'll bring:
* Strong hands-on experience of Palo Alto Firewalls (Both CLI and GUI), Fortinet firewalls along with Cisco IOS-XR platforms.
* Proven experience of DDoS, AAA solutions (preferably Cisco ISE)
* Solid understanding of hardware and software vulnerability on Network devices
* IP networking and service provider Routing/Switching such as MPLS, LDP, ISIS, BGP, ACL's and QoS
* Ability to apply Open-config and Vendor specific NETCONF-YANG models, JSON and XML payload for network automation to configure and manage routers would be advantageous
* Solid understanding of Python and config management via GIT
Comms Group: We are responsible for the Strategy, Architecture, Design, and Operations of all Telecom services provided by Sky across the Group (UK&I, Germany and Italy). We deliver 4G/5GMobile, Broadband and Fixed Line services using cutting edge technologies and modern operational paradigms such as SRE and Agile. From High scale routing, Network Automation, Telco Cloud, SDN/NFV to Software Development and Data science for predictive operations, we embrace modern technologies, practices, tools with strong focus on people development to provide the stability and performance that our customers depend on.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where will you work:
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It's part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.