Clerk to Governors - Part-time
Pay: Clerk to Governors
Start Date: ASAP
Location : Trust Schools in Kent ( Strood, Chatham, Rochester, Deal)
Contract: 220 hours an academic year (18 governor meetings)
Salary: GBP15 per hour
Closing date: 2nd January 2022
We are looking for a Clerk to Governors to join our Trust to provide a professional, efficient and helpful clerking service to three Regional Governing Bodies across Kent. To enable proceedings to be conducted effectively and in accordance with the relevant legislation and requirements.
The successful candidate will administer and recruit appropriately skilled governors, personally supporting their induction and training throughout their role. Ensuring accessible and professional induction, training and policies for governors.
What you will need to succeed:
- For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- Be competent in completing regular skills audits on governors and work closely with our stakeholders to ensure that vacancies are filled with the appropriate skilled governors and link governors.
- Strong communication skills to liaise with those preparing papers to make sure they are available on time, and distribute the agenda and papers within agreed timeframe. Making all bookings for rooms or video calls & refreshments for meetings and ensure meetings are quorate.
- Minute taking experience to produce professional minutes of governance meetings, capturing support and challenge as appropriate, indication of who is responsible for any agreed action with timescales and send drafts to the chair and Trust lead within agreed timescale
- Good organisation skills to maintain accurate records of minutes, papers, governing bodies attendance and membership including updating DfE websites, business interest for all Governors and governance files for Ofsted inspections
- Administer recruitment, on boarding and induction with Governors
- Strong interpersonal skills as you will be required to meet with new governors as part of their induction
- Work accurately with attention to detail and good organisation skills
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to join a large organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size.
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and pro rata annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our friendly Trust at the start of a new and exciting time, then please apply today!
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation to discuss the role in more detail please contact Simon Arnold via email -
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Information about the trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking, Be their Best self, Shape their Success, In this way we transform life chances
As part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer.
Our mission is to "transform life chances"; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students. You are advised that this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and therefore this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).