Senior Integration Engineer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our System Integration Team. System Integration is the beating heart of software delivery at Sky. This is a fun team doing and interesting work. We are responsible for producing stable, full-stack software, multiple times a day, to be used in the development, further testing, and deployment into the field. We have some great systems (cloud and on-prem) that let us automate everything relating to building software.
What you'll do:
* Feature Integration: Work with architects, component development teams and test teams to integrate/validate functionality in full stack
* Defect Investigation: Investigate issues raised by QA/Field to identify components in stack causing problem
* Where necessary, work closely with development teams to help identify fixes to both code and design
* Support Release Management team to streamline defect fix deliveries and features
* Actively explore to drive down our cycle time through continuous improvement of tools and processes. Share the best practises with wider teams
What you'll bring:
* Knowledge and experience of C or C++ programming
* Experience in embedded systems, multi-threaded and multi-process debugging
* Knowledge or experience of building software and appreciation of build systems
* Experience using source control systems such as git/gerrit
* Can-do attitude, quick learner
* Flexible and fun to work with!
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Glass. From hardware and software to intricate design, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky, we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.