Customer Technical Support Analyst
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Based in London, this role will support a new HomeTech proposition reporting into the Technical Operations Manager. We are looking for experienced Customer Support Advisors who have a passion for customer service and technology. As a Customer Support Advisor, you will directly help our customers, partners and first line support teams solve the more complicated questions and issues. This role is suitable for someone with excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
The role will operate on a hybrid working basis so time will be split between the office and home, so applicants will need to be organised and comfortable working remotely.
What you'll do:
- Work a flexible 37.5 hours per week Mon-Saturday with varied shift patterns - when our customers really need us, you'll work up to 5 hours extra per week and take this time back at quieter times
- Work across our various communications channels to support our customers, partners and wider support teams with complex technical product questions and queries
- Work methodically through issues making sure our customers get the best quality outcomes
- Identify issues and report them for internal review with the technical product team
- Support training and reviews of 1st line support teams
What you'll bring:
- Proven experience of quality customer service
- Confident and experienced with mobile apps, smartphones and Wi-Fi
- Ability to troubleshoot in a robust and methodical way
- Ability to talk and guide customers clearly and calmly via different communication channels
- Experience with online chat platforms
- Experience detailing issues in a clear and robust way
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding and/or use of common Smart Home technologies
- Chat and online communication platforms
- Troubleshooting processes
- Workflow management systems
- A passion for troubleshooting and solving problems
- Outcomes driven
- Ability to empathise and understand our customers individual needs
- Ability to work closely with entire Operational team as well as wider Sky functions so must be a good team player, and have flexible, hands on approach.
- Eager for self-development and broadening skill set
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for growing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.