Data Governance Associate
Role can be based in Livingston or Osterley
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work within the Data Governance, Quality and Ethics Department alongside our data experts with wide and varied experiences within the industry and across Sky. In this role you will be reporting to the Data Governance Lead and play a key role in the provision of the implementation of Data Governance at Sky. You will interact with multiple business and IT domains to ensure that Data Governance processes are understood and implemented successfully.
What you'll do:
* Support the implementation of data policies, rules and standards in line with the data governance strategy
* Contribute towards new data governance processes, including the provision of centralised data governance services
* Support the implementation of data governance tools as required, including data quality, data catalogues, data lineage etc.
* Be part of the team that shapes the data governance solutions on each project and contributes towards the bigger picture
* Learn the core business processes that influence the data life-cycle, including data capture, update and usage
* Contribute to and support team members on the completion of complex data analysis to support data governance decisions
What you'll bring:
* A passion for data and be an advocate for treating data as an asset with knowledge of data governance tools and processes.
* Understanding of large-scale data, such as data warehousing or cloud based analytic solutions. Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS (Amazon Web Services) or GCP (Google Cloud Platform) would be beneficial.
* The ability to anticipate problems, manage risk and highlight appropriately
* Understanding of the Project Lifecycle process / Software Development Lifecycle Process
* Knowledge of Collibra and/or other meta data management tools such as data lineage, data dictionaries, master data management and data quality tools.
* A willingness to learn, share knowledge and adapt in a constantly-changing fast-paced environment
Data, Tech & Analytics
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make Sky more relevant. We are working with the rest of Sky to create innovative data products that are going to change Sky and bring value to our customers
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Role can be based in Linvingston or Osterley
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions