Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We're looking for an accomplished Data Engineer to join large innovative team who ideally has experience with: Public Cloud, CI/CD, IAAS, ETL and ideally Python.
What you'll do:
Continually integrate existing and new data sources across the AdTech Domain
* Design and build scalable batch processing and ETL pipelines for data analytics.
* Work extensively with GCP and its best in class services.
* Recommend on tools, technologies on standards and good practice.
* Work side by side with our customers and partners in an agile environment to create great outcomes.
* Support during testing and transition into live use.
* Work with Application Engineers to share this data across Sky.
* Continuously improve and optimise the performance and cost effectiveness of our data platform.
What you'll bring:
* Strong programming background with solid Python and SQL skills. DBT is a bonus.
* Commercial experience with ETL and corresponding tooling either with a 3rd party tool or from one of the public cloud vendors.
* Data Engineering in a public cloud environment including cost optimisation. Extra points for having Google Cloud Platform experience.
* Knowledge of orchestration tools and Cloud monitoring systems like Prisma or ELK.
* BI tools such as Tableau or Looker would be an advantage.
* Experience of applying CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code principles to Data Engineering
Content Technology & Innovation, we use the latest tech to create, process and distribute the best entertainment. We are a unique blend of talent covering both engineering and operations with more than 2500 people across Europe. We connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You'll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.