Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join the Sales and Service Department and help drive improvements and new features on our global platform. Our department provides the payment, product and subscription management systems (Sales), and customer relationship and account management systems (Service) and related services for tens of millions of Sky, NOW, and NBCU Peacock TV customers. We have an exciting roadmap of enhancements across multiple teams that you'll support.
What you'll do:
As a Principal Engineer you'll be at the heart of building world-class systems for Sky. You will be responsible for contributing to, and helping shape the technical direction of the department, while helping us deliver on the technical aspects our departmental vision.
* Working with developers and architects to create and deliver innovative end-to-end solution designs for products that meet the requirements of the sponsor while maintaining the overall integrity of the Technology systems estate.
* Assist delivery teams to implement the overall solution architecture, adjusting it as needed in the face of changes to the proposition through to product launch.
* Provide technical direction, challenging the team to deliver the simple solutions.
* Evangelising strategic technologies and best practices to help improve our software delivery.
* Making good decisions about when to invest in building solutions ourselves, when to buy off-the-shelf and when to partner with 3rd parties.
* Building communities that support knowledge sharing and decision making.
* Mentoring other software engineers on best practice and contribute to the development of others.
* Raise the bar of the code quality and testing of the teams you work with to ensure the best possible journeys for our business and customers.
What you'll bring:
* Ability to make good technical decisions and to convince others as to the merits and reasons for those decision.
* Demonstrable track record in the design and delivery of leading-edge strategic business solutions from concept through implementation.
* You should display a high understanding of application design and architecture and have proven leadership skills.
* Balancing the ability to get the job done and maintaining a high-quality bar.
* Have mentored other team members and committed to helping them improve.
* An enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices, constantly keeping up with the latest developments in the relevant field.
* Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, working with business and technical stakeholders.
Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world's best entertainment.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.