Want to do the best work of your life? With over 24 million customers in multiple countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"In the Global Identity and Access Management team we work with colleagues across Europe and the USA to make frictionless experiences for customers, whilst making sure that our platforms are secure, reliable, and scalable. Our Identity and Access Management Platforms are at the heart of Sky, NOW and Peacock's customer journeys." - Allan Brierley, Senior Engineering Manager
What you'll do:
- You will interpret business requirements and deliver high quality, customer focused technical solutions.
- Be a part of an agile environment primarily using open source technologies and the best deployment techniques.
- Join a mixed team of back-end and front-end developers use to a wide range of technologies from Kubernetes to ReactJS.
- Drive the best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Utilise pair-programming on a regular basis and mentor less experienced developers where appropriate.
- Report to a senior developer and work closely with other Java and Scala developers, Testers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Solution Architects, Reliability Engineers, Security Engineers and Performance Engineers to maintain and improve market-leading digital solutions.
What you'll bring:
- Experience in Java or Scala Development.
- Advocate of TDD and BDD practices.
- Experience of OO development and design patterns.
- Exemplary communication and people skills, in a technical and non-technical context.
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites.
- A passion for Agile methodologies and concepts such as Scrum, XP, Lean, and Kanban.
- Familiarity with front end web technologies, for example ReactJS, is desirable.
Group Technology: We're the technology team behind products like Sky +, Sky Q, Sky Go and Apps like Sky News & Sky Sports, and the US streaming service Peacock.
We are passionate about delivering amazing experiences to the millions of customers that use our platforms every day.
There is a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Competitive Salary
- Free Sky Q
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
We are embracing hybrid working, we know there are some things that work brilliantly remotely, equally we know that being together can help us come together to solve problems.
For those times we need to come together, or for those who prefer it, we have a superb tech hub located in Leeds Dock, just under a mile from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from the station to Leeds Dock. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
Need a break - why not have a game of pool or table tennis or pay a visit to our subsidised gym.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. We don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to talk about flexible working.
We'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.